top of page
  • adamfutrell

What is subrogation or third-party recovery?

Subrogation is a legal term that refers to the right of one party to stand in the place of another party in order to recover damages or other losses that have been sustained. In the context of personal injury cases, subrogation can be an important aspect of the legal process, as it can help to ensure that victims of accidents or injuries are able to receive the compensation they need to cover their losses.

One of the most common forms of subrogation in personal injury cases involves insurance companies. If an individual is involved in an accident and sustains injuries, their insurance company may pay for their medical expenses and other losses. However, if the accident was caused by another party, the insurance company may have a right to seek reimbursement from that party for the damages they paid out. This allows the insurance company to stand in the place of the policyholder in order to recover the damages they paid out.

In order for an insurance company to pursue subrogation in a personal injury case, they must typically meet certain requirements. For example, they may need to show that they have paid out damages to the policyholder, and that the damages were caused by the actions of another party. They may also need to demonstrate that they have a legal right to seek reimbursement from the other party, which may depend on the terms of the insurance policy and the laws of the state in which the accident occurred.

It's important to note that subrogation in personal injury cases can be complex and may involve a number of legal issues. If you have been involved in an accident and are considering pursuing a personal injury claim, it's a good idea to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney like Adam Futrell who can advise you on your rights and options. A knowledgeable injury lawyer can help you to understand the legal process and ensure that you are able to recover the full amount of damages you are entitled to.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How to Sue for Harm Caused by "Gender-Affirming Care"

Can I Sue a Doctor for Providing "Gender-Affirming Care" Such as Sex Change Hormones, Hormone Blockers, or Surgery? "Gender-affirming care" is a term that refers to the medical services by which docto

Employee Use of Automobiles on Company Business

Many companies allow their employees to use their personal vehicles for work-related purposes, such as delivering goods, running errands, or attending meetings. However, when an employee gets into an

Non-Compete Agreements in Kentucky

Non-competition agreements, also known as non-compete agreements or restrictive covenants, are contracts that restrict an employee's ability to work for a competitor or start a competing business for

Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page